REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project Name: Readiness Preparation Proposal- Readiness Fund of the FCPF
Implementing Agency: The Federal Ministry of Climate Change
Consultancy Services for: Development of the National REDD+ Strategy and its implementation framework
Grant No. TF-A 0709
The Government of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, represented by the Ministry of Climate Change has received a grant to promote REDD+ (Reduction of Emissions from deforestation and degradation) program for preservation of forests through private sector led carbon sequestration and carbon credit generation. The World Bank as the delivery partner to Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) is assisting Pakistan with financial and technical support focused on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation, forest carbon stock conservation, the sustainable management of forests, and the enhancement of forest carbon stocks. During the Preparation phase the Ministry of Climate Change intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible payments for hiring services of qualified experienced and reputable consulting firms Development of the National REDD+ Strategy and its implementation framework
Pakistan examined the options for a REDD+ architecture developed by the Norwegian REDD Center and found very relevant for Pakistan's conditions. An indicative list of strategy options for the National REDD+ Strategy has been elaborated under the Readiness Preparation Proposal (R-PP) process and shall serve as the basis for further dialogue on a REDD+ strategy and shall be placed for wider consultation and during the readiness preparation phase shall be put forth for discussion and agreement on any one or a combination for implementation in Pakistan.
The formulation of the National REDD+ Strategy will be based on the results of specific analytical studies and inputs received from a multi-stakeholder consultative process both at the national and sub-national level as the complexity of issues and diversity of stakeholders especially those of forest dependent ethnic groups and local communities may lead to numerous questions, inquiries, and potentially grievances about the REDD-plus strategy or process. The potential REDD+ Strategies will be evaluated by the REDD+ strategy WG further during the REDD+ Readiness phase.
National REDD+ Strategy shall be developed consulting all provinces and territories including, FATA and the Mountainous Districts in North East Pakistan. In light of discussions amongst key stakeholders the National REDD+ Strategy will be put up for discussions at various levels in provinces and territories. Care has to be taken to avoid incompatibilities between sub-national and national priorities.
Ministry of Climate Change now invites eligible consulting firms/joint ventures of consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the required services. Consultants with documented track of conducting similar work in past five years in any REDD+ country with sound knowledge of World Bank’s environmental and social safeguards policies will be required. The firm should have a strong background of understanding of legal aspects of forestry issues, forest types, important forest ecosystems; and identification and prioritization of drivers of deforestation and forest degradation and existing and potential future tools and approaches for addressing these drivers. Should have completed at least one similar project of this scale and complexity and in comparable organizations and geographical context. Due weightage shall be accorded for completing higher number of assignments. .
Consultants are encouraged to provide only materials that would be specific to the proposed services, and to avoid submitting generic promotional material.
Consultants are encouraged to make association(s) (sub-consultancy) or Joint Ventures (JVs) to enhance their qualifications, however, Lead Firm must be clearly mentioned in the EOI. Moreover, it is envisaged that international expertise would be required for the consulting services under requisition. Also, in case of Joint Venture, experience of all the firms in the JV will be considered for evaluation. Firms may submit separate expression of interests for one or more than one component.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised (July 2014).
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 0800 to 1300 hours (Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and/or Instructions for the Consulting Firms for the assignment may be downloaded from the websites www.ppra.org.pk and mocc.gov.pk Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by or before 1300 hours (PST) on February 1, 2016.
Inspector General of Forests
Ministry of Climate Change,
5th Floor, Local Government and rural Development Building,
Instructions For Consulting Firms
For Submission of
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Development of the National REDD+ Strategy and its implementation framework
Readiness Preparation Proposal- Readiness Fund of the FCPF
The Federal Ministry of Climate Change
December , 2015
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
1. The Ministry of Climate Change invites eligible consulting firms/ Joint Venture(s) with specific and proven competence and experience to indicate their interest in providing the services. Eligible firm(s) should submit Expression of Interest (EOI) in English language along with relevant complete details of the qualification and experience requested under Part-II.
2. Interested consulting firm(s)/ Joint Venture(s) must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform above services (e.g. descriptions of similar assignments, value of previous assignments, experience under similar conditions, availability of appropriate professionals etc.).
3. In accordance with World Bank Guidelines, an association of consultants can take either be in the form of joint venture (JV) or a subcontract (sub-consultancy). Therefore, the consultant submitting their Expression of Interest in association should clearly mention whether their association is a Joint Venture or Sub-consultancy. Moreover under JV, each partner has to be reasonably qualified to take over the responsibilities and role of any of the partners in case one of them fails to perform or withdraws. Thus, the experience of all the firms in the JV will be considered for evaluation. In case of Sub-consultancy association, the Lead Firm must be clearly mentioned in the EOI.
- A consulting firm(s)/ Joint Venture(s) will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”) . The selection of the consultants will be made following “Quality & Cost Based Selection (QCBS)” method.
- It is expected that the interested firm(s)/ joint venture(s) will have expertise in the areas of; legal aspects of environmental and social safeguards in forestry, with specialization of national and international conflict resolution/grievance redressal systems, particularly in forestry sector
6. If the EOI consists of more than one volume, the applicant must clearly number the volumes constituting the EOI and provide an indexed table of contents for each volume. All documents should be securely bound.
7. Guidelines for Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, can be accessed at the website: www.worldbank.org/procure.
(ESSENTIAL INFORMATION REQUIRED TO BE PROVIDED BY CONSULTANT)
- Name, address, Phone, Fax and E-mail address along with postal and telegraphic address for the head office, branch offices and contact personnel.
- Certificate of Registration of the firm as Legal Entity
iii. Firm(s)/ joint venture(s) name, address, copy of the Registration Certificate with relevant professional bodies of the concerned Government, supported by latest/ updated renewal, Country of Operations (if the firm is registered and operating in several countries). Memorandum/ Article of Association/ Partnership Deed or Joint Venture Agreement (if applicable) etc;
- Names and short CVs of principals, proprietor, managing director, partners and directors, including their individual copy of the Registration Certificate with relevant professional bodies along with updated renewal.
- Details of the technical personnel available with the firm either as permanent staff or retainer consultants with their qualifications and expertise, briefly.
- Sound financial position with documentary evidence in the form of last three years audited financial accounts’ statement of the firm/joint venture members.
- National Tax Number of the firm/joint venture/consortium members (for national firms)
- Data Sheets of relevant (similar and specific experiences) assignments/works, duly substantiated, by the firm(s)/ Joint Venture(s) members either completed or in progress, with the following details.
- Name of the Project
- Cost of the Project
- Name and address of the Client
- If case of association of Consultant(s), the type of association i.e. either JV or sub-consultants be mentioned clearly along with names and address of all the partners.
- Consultancy services rendered along with the Start & Completion Date.
- A firm, which was a partner in a previous joint venture(s), should furnish a statement providing details of work, component of works performed individually and its over-all share (percentage) in the works performed by the joint venture.
- Any additional documents to support relevant experience of firm(s)/ Joint Venture(s);
- List and status of litigation/arbitration by the firm or any member of the joint venture(s) against a client, if any.
- Affidavit from all the participating partners of the association confirming that: (a) applicant firm(s)/ joint venture(s) have never been blacklisted by any International, Government/ Semi Government Organization and (b) All the information provided by the applicant firm(s)/ joint venture(s) is correct.
Any further information/clarification may be sought.
Office of the Inspector general of Forests,
Ministry of Climate Change,
Attn: Syed Mahmood Nasir
5th floor, Local Government Building, G-5/2
44000 Islamabad, Pakistan
Phone: + 92 51 9245589