Applications for 2018 MAB Young Scientists Awards (YSA)
Government of Pakistan
Ministry of Climate Change
Subject: APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 MAB YOUNG SCIENTISTS AWARDS(YSA) DIVISION OF ECOLOGICAL AND EARTH SCIENCES MAN AND THE BIOSPHERE(MAB) PROGRAMME.
Kindly find enclosed herewith a letter received from Division of Ecological and Earth Sciences Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme Pakistan National Commission for UNESCO bearing No.SC/EES/17/MABYSA/2018 dated 12th July, 2017 on the subject noted above.
2. The Council of MAB during its 29th session held on 12-15 June 2017, adopted the new criteria and conditions for the selection of MAB young Scientists Award in order to address the Lima Action Plan (LAP) for biosphere Reserves and relevant Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in applications.
3. The applications for the 2018 Awards should reach the MAB Secretariat in Paris not later than 15th December, 2017 with endorsement by the National MAB Committee.
4. The new application form is available on the UNESCO-MAB net at the following address/weblink:-http://www.unesco.org/new/en/natural-sciences/environment/ecological-sciences/man-and-biosphere-programme/awards-and-prizes/mab-young-scientists-awards/how-to-apply/
5. Foregoing in view, it is requested that information may be widely circulated and interested eligible candidates be strongly encouraged to forward their applications to this Ministry for endorsement on behalf of National MAB-Committee, latest by 15th November, 2017. The Criteria and terms & conditions for selection of award shall strictly be adhered to while endorsing the applications.
Section Officer (IC)
- The Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- The Secretary, Forests, Wildlife and Fisheries Department, Government of Punjab Lahore.
- The Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Government of Sindh, Karachi.
- The Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Government of KPK, Peshawar.
- The Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Government of Baluchistan, Quetta.
- The Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Government of AJK, Muzaffarabad.
- The Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Government of Gilgit-Baltistan, Gilgit.
- Director General, Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency, (Pak-EPA) Islamabad.
- Inspector General (Forests), Ministry of Climate Change, Islamabad.
- Executive Director, GCISC, Islamabad
- Director, Zoological Survey of Pakistan, Islamabad.
- Director General, Pakistan Museum of Natural History, Islamabad.
- Secretary General, Pakistan National Commission for UNESCO Islamabad.
- Chairman, Pakistan Science Foundation Islamabad.
- Mr. Ashiq Ahmed Khan, Scientific Rep, EvK2CNR, Islamabad.
- Country Director, Snow Leopard Foundation, Islamabad.
- Country Representative, IUCN Pakistan, 1-Bath Island, Karachi.
- Director General, WWF Pakistan, Ali Institute, Ferozepur Road, Lahore.
- National Project Coordinator, Sustainable Land Management Project Islamabad.
- Head of Department of Environmental Sciences Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- Head of Department of Plant /Animal Sciences, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- Chairman Department of Environmental Sciences, Punjab University, Lahore.
- Chairman Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, Lahore
- Chairman Department of Botany, University of the Punjab, Lahore
- Director General, Pakistan Forest Institute (PFI), Peshawar.
- Chairman Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Vice Chancellor University of Peshawar, KPK Peshawar.
- Vice Chancellor University of Baluchistan, Quetta.
- Vice Chancellor University of Sindh, Karachi.
IC Section’s U.O. No.5 (2)/2015/MAB/ Visits/IC, dated 1st August, 2017
Assistant Director( DBM )with the request to Upload it on the Website of Ministry.